Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Sleepless and Jobless

They don't want volunteers at the shelter this week because the ground is all icy and they are afraid we'll fall (translation: fall and hurt ourselves and sue their butts off). So, the doggies continue to suffer from cabin fever. The people stay at home and suffer from cabin fever. I'm finished doing things around the house (except that tricky grout repair). I finished baking cookies and wrapping presents. I don't feel like I can go to the Internet Archive to volunteer either because I'm sitting around watching for signs that the 13-year-old Miss B needs to relieve herself again. We are approaching three sleepless nights of her inexplicable need to escape into the dark, cold, snowy expanse to unload what must be unloaded quickly. This is the job and the joblessness. Joblessness begets blogging.

The RUWBB gals are winning, but it is hard to take pleasure in the W's until their raw talent translates into execution. Everyone is investing hope into Camp Stringer, which happens between Christmas and New Year's.

This is Christmas week. Hanukkah week. Week 20 on NJUI. There is the pending interview in January. Between the recent sleepless nights and the long hours searching for a job that I can even remotely envision that I want, time keeps a ticking. Time for a long winter's nap.

No comments: